United Pulp and Paper Co., Inc., (UPPC) was incorporated in December 1969 and is the biggest industrial paper manufacturer in the Philippines.? It is a majority-owned subsidiary of SCG Paper Public Company Limited, the paper and packaging arm of the Siam Cement Group (SCG) of Thailand.

UPPC has combined average capacity of 230,000 tons per annum. The Company produces Linerboard and Corrugating Medium which are used in carton packaging products. Ninety-percent (90%) of the products is allocated for the domestic market and the remaining ten-percent (10%) is used to cater to the export markets.

UPPC contributes to national development through its reliable supply of quality packaging materials and energy-efficient and environment-friendly operations. The Company?s ISO 9001:2000 Certification attests to its commitment to global manufacturing standards. In addition, the DENR granted UPPC a Green Rating for 2007, which represents ?very good? performance based on the Regional Industrial Ecowatch Program. As a manifestation of its commitment towards the welfare of its employees, UPPC was also recognized by the Social Security System as the Best Employer of the Year for the Luzon Central Chapter in 2007.

Steeped in the concern for social responsibility, UPPC recognizes the sustainable development goals of its mother company, SCG, and invests heavily in communities and human development, believing that this ultimately contributes to the betterment of the society. To carry out this objective, UPPC has donated a television set and satellite disc to the schools within the vicinity of the plant in cooperation with Knowledge Channel Foundation. Another significant milestone was the launching of the SCG Sharing the Dream Scholarship project which provided assistance to 200 incoming secondary education students in and around Bulacan, Batangas and Metro Manila, where SCG maintains its paper and ceramic tile manufacturing facilities. UPPC realizes its duty as a good corporate citizen by contributing to a progressive society for sustainable progress for the Filipino citizens and country as a whole. United Pulp & Paper Co., Incorperated?s Head Office is located on the 5th Flr., Phinma Plaza, 39 Plaza Drive, Rockwell center, Makati City, Tel: 870-0100 and E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.